Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information Collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of Collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimise our Site.
- Source of Collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: We do not share any personal information.
We invite our readers to subscribe to our website to receive information on updated material covering buying guides, gear reviews, itineraries and general posts; subject to the following:
- we will only collect minimal information to uniquely identify a subscriber – first name and email address;
- we will never share, sell or disclose this information to any third party;
- the subscriber data repository is held on a secure server and access is only available to the Administrators of this website;
- a subscriber may unsubscribe at any time, and a clear mechanism is available for them to do so.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are a Data Controller of your information.
- Marrang Pty Ltd needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given Marrang Pty Ltd permission to do so
- Processing your personal information is in Marrang Pty Ltd legitimate interests
- Marrang Pty Ltd needs to comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
Travellin’ Lite follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for the broad analysis of trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering high-level demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Travellin’ Lite uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customising our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Our Advertising Partners
Note that Travellin’ Lite has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites. What Are Cookies?
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Travellin’ Lite does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 16. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
Last updated: March 2021